Tuesday, February 17, 2015

So Fresh & So Clean

Happy Tuesday to everyone!

  Today I wanted to chat about some of my favorite drugstore products right now. First off, I wanted to put my disclaimer that, my products I use in my morning and nightly routines are always changing as I like to try different products and my skin is very sensitive, so if my skin isn't feeling something.. on to the next one!

But right now there a few drugstore products that are doing their job for me, so I can dig it! Let's start from top to bottom to make it easy...

For my hair, I have extremely curly hair (curl type - 3C), I LOVE my curls but the downside to having curly hair is dryness and day to day management. Most of the time I put hair extensions in and keep my natural hair braided down to prevent damage and promote growth. I plan on doing a post about extensions, how to install, maintain and clean.

Hair Products:

* Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Sulfate free Shampoo
At first, the smell was a little off putting as I have been using *Mixed Chicks* for a while now and love the smell, but the black vanilla smells exactly how it sounds. Carol's Daughter Shampoo price can't be bet at only $10.00 (on the site) for a nice sized bottle. It leaves my hair feeling very clean and actually moisturized!

* Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
Not much to say about this conditioner but I love it! It does its job and leaves my hair finger comb soft after leaving the product in while I shower for only about 3-5 minutes. This conditioner is very moisturizing and hydrating. Only about $10 at the drugstore!

* Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner
When I discovered Mixed Chicks, Heaven's gates opened! OMG I LOVE Mixed Chicks Products! On the front of the bottles, it list all the benefits and properties and the smell! YASSSS! :)

I also mix in some Coconut oil and argan oil in my hands with the leave-in conditioner then run it through! <3



Face Products:

*Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser Creamy Formula
This facial cleanser has seriously become my favorite thus far! I have seen dermatologist, purchased expensive medications and other drugstore products, but nothing compares to the results this creamy cleanser. No Sulfate and no Parabens - 12 fl oz for about $8.99 (online) Two thumbs up!

* Sea Breeze for Sensitive Skin Astringent
I heard a Youtube Makeup guru @Carlibybel talk about this astringent in one of her videos and decided to try it out when I saw it in the drugstore by my house. Take a cotton ball with the astringent after cleansing and it removes ALL the leftover dirt, makeup and grim. For only about $4 an exfoliator well worth the little sting!

* Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 50 (Sensitive Skin)
After cleansing, the best moisturizer I have, it doesn't leave the skin dry and oily, which for me a lot of moisturizers do! About $14 online for 1.7 fl oz, but totally worth it.
 

Body Products:

*Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash
Dove products cater to people with sensitive skin and as the title says, is so nourishing to the skin and has a great smell. Of course a drugstore product for about $6 depending on where you go! I see a lot of 2 for 1 deals as well!

*Dove Go Fresh Cool Essentials
My Scent: Cucumber & Green Tea
I know I know, I shouldn't be using a deodorant with Aluminum in it but I just love this scent so much! :/

Aluminum Free Alternative:
Tom's of Maine Natural Long Lasting Deodorant and Antiperspirant
 
*Jergens Crema Deep-Conditioning Shea Butter Body Cream
A wonderful smell and thick conditioning and nourishing lotion for dry skin. Before discovering this product, I really didn't care much for Jergen's lotions, but this body cream has changed my opinion for the better!

 


 
Additional Products to Mention:
 
*Tom's of Maine Fluoride Free Toothpaste
*Coconut Oil
* Argan Oil
*Tea Tree Oil

 
So, there you have it, my top favorite drugstore daily cleansing and hygiene products I'm loving right now! Let me know your favorite drugstore products. Remember, it's not about how much you spend to know you're getting your money's worth! :) Now go treat yourselves to a bubble bath and Netflix night on this snowy winter day!
 
Stay warm and I will talk to you soon!
 
XOXO,
 
W